[governance] Re: [ga] FW: ccNSO Phishing survey results

Jeffrey A. Williams jwkckid1 at ix.netcom.com
Mon Aug 18 16:41:41 EDT 2008

Glen and all,

  Thank you for forwarding this along, much appreciated.  Unfortunately
it seems that this report has done little to reduce the phishing activity.
Reporting is fine, but actually doing something about Phishers is what
ICANN should focus it's attention on.  That unfortunately, ICANN's
SSAC has done little, if anything.  We find this to be less than exceptable
and a ongoing demonstration of poor leadership.

  As such, our members will continue to take more aggressive steps
to thwart phishing anywhere, anytime, and every time we recognize
it occurring.  We will of course work with relevant LEA's as is appropriate
and have shown to be effective and consistent.

  Let me again express our members noticed and reported Registries
and Registrars whom have Domain Names that frequently engage
in phishing.  The most significant offenders are as follows:

Enom
Godaddy
Network Solutions
Afilias

  We believe that if effective corrective action regarding these contracted
agents of ICANN whos abusive registrants and lack of proper enforcement
on same is not taken forthwith, that ICANN has abrogated it's public
responsibility and obligation under the MOU, accordingly.

Glen de Saint Géry wrote:

> [To: council[at]gnso.icann.org; liaison6c[at]gnso.icann.org]
> [To: ga[at]gnso.icann.org; announce[at]gnso.icann.org]
> [To: regional-liaisons[at]icann.org]
>
> Dear All,
>
> Please note that the ccNSO phishing survey report is posted at:
> http://www.ccnso.icann.org/surveys/phishing-issues-survey-results-jun08.pdf
>
> The survey was conducted in spring -08, the results presented at the Paris meeting and the report published early August.
>
> Thank you.
> Kind regards,
>
> Glen de Saint Géry
> GNSO Secretariat
> gnso.secretariat at gnso.icann.org
> http://gnso.icann.org

Regards,

Spokesman for INEGroup LLA. - (Over 281k members/stakeholders strong!)
   Abraham Lincoln

P: i.e., whether B is less than PL."
Updated 1/26/04
jwkckid1 at ix.netcom.com