still important (Fwd: IMPORTANT Fwd: [governance] important:

Parminder parminder at itforchange.net
Tue Aug 12 03:55:40 EDT 2008

Adam (and Others)

>No comments on the Hyderabad programme?

If this question is for the IGC, then to reply that no, we haven't and wont
be developing any comments for inclusion in the consultation documents.

However we intend to work for a statement for the consultations proper.

I propose some issues for this, which may be taken up for discussion.

1. Substantive issues

(a)    Rights issues in the IGF

(b)    How will the 'taking stock and way forward' session will be organized
in view of the start of the process of IGF review in 2009. Innovative and
purposeful possibilities. Is there any possibility of bottom up organising
of this session as main session workshops are being organized. In any case,
to ask for  a role for the IGC which did orgnaise a workshop on this theme
in Rio and will again do so.

(c)     Issues of rights and universalisation in access space

(d)   others

2. Process issues

(a)    Processes involved in organizing main session workshops and debated
(this is the biggest promise of the new format, and I also have the greatest
amount of concern in this area). Nature of MAG WGs, how formed, what kind of
outside representation etc, diversity/ representation in outside
representation

(b)   Individual workshops reporting back - any issues?

(c)    Dynamic coalitions - integration with main program space, structural
involvement with main session workshops and debates

(d)   Others

3. Logistics

4. Funding of participation of civil society, especially from the developing
countries. (I remember that last time they said there were some funds but
their remained lack of clarity about whether they were used, if so how, if
not why etc. I think we should right away write a letter on this issue to
the secretariat and not even wait for the September consultation, which may
be too late).

Others. Pl add.

Parminder