[process] Re: [governance] USG on ICANN - no movement here

Michael Gurstein gurstein at gmail.com
Wed Aug 6 14:27:47 EDT 2008

Without arguing the merits of the case, surely the question is who sets the
criteria of what is "the best among several bad options"...

The folks who set the criteria have the opportunity to determine the outcome
of the choice and that's where issues of power, grandfathered entitlements
and so on come in.

Some (dare I say, "lesser breeds without the law") might argue for example,
that "unilateral control by the U.S." (or any single national or other
interest group) is by definition the worst possible option.

MG