[governance] USG on ICANN - no movement here

John Levine icggov at johnlevine.com
Sun Aug 3 08:05:08 EDT 2008

>Wow, John,
>It's ok to remind us that the US position has not changed, but I am
>wondering why you feel the need to construct weak and biased apologia
>for US control.

Hi, Milton.  You've been to way more ICANN meetings than I have.  If
you don't find their need for adult supervision egregiously obvious, I
doubt I can explain it.

Regardless, the US DOC isn't going away, so I'll be interested to see
to what extent the governance crowd would prefer to demand changes
that won't happen or would prefer to figure out how to work in the
world that actually exists.

R's,
John
     governance at lists.cpsr.org