FW: [governance] USG on ICANN - no movement here

Ian Peter ian.peter at ianpeter.com
Sat Aug 2 20:33:38 EDT 2008

John, it's an inappropriate structure for a global network, whether managed
benignly or not. It has to change and will be changed. Whether the fairly
ineffective current initiative by the UN will have much to do with it
changing remains to be seen, but the Internet will not remain in a form
where any one single government has such power. Nor should it.

Ian Peter (harrumphing on principle)

be a good idea, a hint with which I dare say all the

     governance at lists.cpsr.org

5:30 PM

     governance at lists.cpsr.org