[governance] CSTD and IGF review

Adam Peake ajp at glocom.ac.jp
Fri Aug 1 04:00:41 EDT 2008

Parminder,

Thanks for this information.

I can confirm an outside evaluator for the IGF
review is being considered, but it is not
completely certain that such a review will be
undertaken.  But all should be decided in a week
or so, and as soon as it is a (assuming its
decided an outside evaluation is needed) draft
terms of reference will be posted on the IGF
website.  Any outside review would be to provide
"food for thought" type input for the IGF to
consider.

About CSTD and timing. If there's to be an IGF in
2011 then a decision will need to be made well in
advance to allow for the selection of a host
country and to allow the host time to prepare. My
guess, only a guess, is the 2009 IGF would be the
forum where "formal consultation with Forum
participants" takes place. IGF's cost a lot of
money ($ million) to hold and finding facilities
for a couple of thousand people can't happen
overnight.

Jeremy, Lee: could you provide an update on progress with the workshop.

Thanks,

Adam

     governance at lists.cpsr.org