[governance] Stepping down as IGC 08 Nomcom chair.

Jeanette Hofmann jeanette at wzb.eu
Wed Apr 30 12:23:43 EDT 2008

Hi,
I probably shouldn't speak up on this issue since I am one of the
candidates but what the heck...

I still try to figure out what I find more messy, recalling a nomcom
decision or sticking to a nomcom decision that may have been affected by
unclear rules.
It is obvious that a discussion of the desirable number of nominees
would have a direct influence on the nomcom's decision making.
What I don't understand is in what way an earlier publication of the
candidate's statements would have affected the nomcom's outcome. Or is
the issue yet another one?

jeanette

     governance at lists.cpsr.org