AW: [governance] enhanced cooperation

Meryem Marzouki marzouki at ras.eu.org
Fri Apr 25 17:58:23 EDT 2008

Le 25 avr. 08 à 19:29, McTim a écrit :

> On Tue, Apr 22, 2008 at 3:02 PM, Meryem Marzouki
> <marzouki at ras.eu.org> wrote:
>> Dear Wolfgang,
> <snip>
>>
>>  I do have another comment, as an IGC member: what you're
>> proposing is a
>> perfect topic to be submitted as an IGF workshop proposal.
>> Actually, we
>> discussed in early February the need for exploring the oversight
>> of all
>> these organizations' activities
>

> Seems a bit hubristic to me.

Hubristic? Why would it be hubristic to explore if there is any
oversight, if there should be any, and if so, what form it should
take, etc. ?

>>  Finally, as Parminder recently reminded in his summary of ongoing
>> IGC
>> activities, there will be a letter sent by IGC to UN under
>> Secretary general
>> with regards to UN activities on enhanced cooperation, inter alia
>> referring
>> to his letter sent to ISOC on this matter. And we have made clear
>> in our
>> analysis of the situation that there was no reason for the IGC
>> receiving
>> such a letter from the UN under Secretary general.
>
> I think you meant "no reason for the IGC NOT receiving".

No (sorry for the frustration). Wondering what makes you think so..
Just in case, I'm reproducing below a former mail from me on this.

Best,
Meryem

Début du message réexpédié :

     governance at lists.cpsr.org