[governance] IGC nomcom process and results

Avri Doria avri at psg.com
Fri Apr 25 08:31:32 EDT 2008

On 25 Apr 2008, at 04:56, Meryem Marzouki wrote:
> "6. All candidates reviewed by nomcom will be made public as will
> their applications and other information"
>
> - candidates will make public their applications and other info if
> they are willing to to so, or
> - nomcom have to make public the list of candidates, as well as
> their applications and other information?

I thought it meant that all information would be made public by the
nomcom.  i.e. your second interpretation.

what is missing from the statement is when.  does this need to be done
during the process or as part of the report.

from http://www.igcaucus.org/IGC-charter_final-061014.html

On 25 Apr 2008, at 06:45, William Drake wrote:
>  If we're
> going to have a re-do now, for the record, please recall that in
> addition to
> Avri's site http://www.igcaucus.org there is also Adam's old site
> http://www.net-gov.org/ which has some (but not all) caucus
> statements and
> such from the WSIS period.  Most of the stuff from the post-WSIS IGF
> period
> is not on either site.  Some day it would make sense to collect and
> consolidate IGF material in one place and organize it for easy access.
> Unless a masochistic volunteer can be found, perhaps a small grant
> proposal
> to pay someone to do it would be worth pursuing.

As i have said, i will turn of care and feeding of the web site to
someone else as selected by the coordinators.  i have even given at
least one of them the password.

as for the current site, i am willing to add anything to it that
people ask me to add (other then fancy frames and assort of other
stuff.)  i did try to add a wiki, but got hung up with some system
problems that i could not work again.  i keep thinking of moving the
site to another machine but don't  have the resources at the moment to
do so.  nte: there has been a pointer to Adam;s old site on the
igcaucus site for quite a while.

if there are any other past sites people want me to point at, they
just need to send me the information.

i have added a more easily findable pointer to the charter and have
added a pointer to the nomcom page so people can find it more easily.

a.

     governance at lists.cpsr.org