[governance] IGC workshop: A rights agenda for Internet Governance

karen banks karenb at gn.apc.org
Fri Apr 25 06:11:15 EDT 2008

Dear all

A working group comprised of the following folk have worked hard to
draft a proposal on:

A rights agenda for internet goernance

The working group included : Michael Gurstein,  Parminder Jeet
Singh,  Lisa Horner, Konstantinos Komaitis, Vittorio Bertola, Robin
Gross, Robert Guerra, rafik dammak, linda misek-falkoff and myself. I
believe posts were also shared from time to time with the bill or
rights coalition. (colleagues - please clarify any omissions i may
have made in that list..)

It was a very interesting drafting process, and we fully realise that
this is a complex and challenging topic to bring to the IGF Table -
but we are convinced that it is not only relevant to the IGF Mandate,
but central to the mandate and the long term impact of the IGF process.

Please review the attached draft - we look forward to your comments
in relation to

- the substantive sections (q2 and q6)
- ideas for panellists and main actors in the field (q3)
- ideas for 2 or 3 additional co-sponsors (q4)
- your thoughts on which theme(s) the proposal best fits with - i
would say it's an 'missing' crosscut ;)

we'll take a round of comments til end monday (april 28th) and take
it from there..

thanks everyone

karen (for michael, parminder and the working group)