[governance] Workshop Proposal: Transboundary Internet

Adam Peake ajp at glocom.ac.jp
Fri Apr 25 06:10:43 EDT 2008

I'd like to see some development
angle/perspective included (lack of local
infrastructure -> use of offshore resources ->
most vulnerable to foreign law and policy?) Which
would come back to Bret's original comment when
the Cuba domain registration problem was
discussed, that if there was a session in this
issue then there was a lessons learned angle.
Perhaps trying to include a web hosting
service/content provider etc from a developing
country among the speakers, how do they consider
this situation?  Overall it relates to access,
capacity building, market development, all kinds
of things.

For the April 30 submission, you do not need
names of speakers (great if you have them or some
of them), a general idea of who and what
interests you are seeking to have represented is
fine. (4. Provide the name of the organizer(s) of
the workshop and their affiliation to various
stakeholder groups. Describe how you will take
steps to adhere to the multi-stakeholder
principle, geographical diversity and gender
balance.)

Adam

     governance at lists.cpsr.org