[governance] coordinator elections

Parminder parminder at itforchange.net
Thu Apr 24 02:13:26 EDT 2008

> As I have said, I think that the caucus should be an open caucus and
> that membership is up to each of the individual participants with no
> need for any declaration except for when doing things like voting.
> that is how i think it was conceived and that is what i believe the
> charter supports.
>
> also, as i said, it is a personal decision.  each person will make
> their own personal decision.
>
> a.

Anything that I said against it being a personal decision? Or it against it
being an open caucus?

>that membership is up to each of the individual participants

You again seem to make the distinction between member and participant, which
I used to develop my logic in the last email, in interpreting the charter.

>with no
> need for any declaration except for when doing things like voting.

I also asked it at the time of voting only, and for the purpose of voting.

Still cant understand why we wrote that line in membership clause ' who
subscribe to the charter of the caucus'. In this spirit I expect to soon
hear that all that lofty stuff in vision and mission, and objectives is also
as meaningless. There is no group upholding any special collective vision
and values and seeking to organize to do some specific set of activities in
direction of certain goals. Well..

Parminder

     governance at lists.cpsr.org