[governance] coordinator elections

Meryem Marzouki marzouki at ras.eu.org
Wed Apr 23 10:42:53 EDT 2008

Parminder,

As far I understand, you're looking for opinions on the process here.
Mine is not a strong one, I can live with both options. However:

Le 23 avr. 08 à 16:12, Parminder a écrit :

> Nobody has done any process of 'subscribing' to the charter. There
> was a
> vote on the charter which went 56 - 3, with a quorum of 67
> (including votes
> rendered invalid for technical reasons). We DONT have a list of
> those who
> voted 'for' the charter.

considering this, and in order to avoid any dispute after the
coordinator elections process, I think we should go for the safest
option, i.e. re-subscribing to the charter. After all, it's neither
that cumbersome, nor a denial of our current membership for those who
are members. I see it mainly as a housekeeping issue.

Although.. I don't want to raise additional process issues, but I'm
wondering how I could resubscribe to the charter - i.e. reaffirm that
I'm an IGC member - and only one or two months later ask for changing
its provisions on nomcom process:))

But anyway.. let's be flexible, we have other important issues to
deal with.

BTW, we probably could use the reminder option of the mailing list
system to periodically ask subscribers to re-confirm membership.

Best,
     governance at lists.cpsr.org