[governance] coordinator elections

Izumi AIZU iza at anr.org
Wed Apr 23 09:41:27 EDT 2008

Sorry, I could not understand what was the real issue having read several
posts only once. And I don't have too much time to read them twice.

Could someone explain in a simple and cons ice message what is the
real issue?

Parminder, do you request new members to say if they subscribe to the
charter and then given the voting right? Or do you request all members
do so again even they did before? Or, Avri, do you suggest that those who
subscribed the list for more than two months be given the voting right, but
by voting they must be treated as they have subscribed to the charter?
(To me that seems OK, but I want to confirm).

Sorry for my ignorance.

izumi

2008/4/23, Parminder <parminder at itforchange.net>:

>  >
>  > Hi,
>  >
>  > As you know i strongly disagreed with your interpretation when you
>  > first spoke to me of it a while back.    But you are right, it could
>  > be seen as a matter of interpretation.  I don't accept your
>  > interpretation and have stated what i will do, or rather what I will
>  > not do.
>  >
>  > If this means I can't vote, then it means i can't vote.  Over time,
>  > especially as a US citizen, I have learned to value the vote very
>  > little and have no personal objection to being disenfranchised in this
>  > case.
>  >
>  > a.
>

> Avri, I request you not to take such an extreme stand. It is a simple and
>  relatively straightforward organizational matter that we are trying to sort
>  out, and I am sure we will collectively be able to do it.
>

>  Parminder
>

>  >
>  >
>  >
>  > ____________________________________________________________
>  > You received this message as a subscriber on the list:
>  >      governance at lists.cpsr.org
>  > To be removed from the list, send any message to:
>  >
>  > For all list information and functions, see:
>  >      http://lists.cpsr.org/lists/info/governance

                        >> Izumi Aizu <<

           Institute for HyperNetwork Society, Oita
           Kumon Center, Tama University, Tokyo
                                  Japan
                                 * * * * *
           << Writing the Future of the History >>