[governance] IGC Nomcom - Slate of candidates

karen banks karenb at gn.apc.org
Wed Apr 23 08:00:43 EDT 2008

hi

>It is important to take into account that, as facilitator of the online
>voting process by the LA&C Caucus, I am expressing these concerns
>regarding regional balance in the final list of indications by the IGC
>NomCom on behalf of the LA&C Caucus -- who has submitted a list of five
>names to the IGC (and to the IGF secretariat as well), and this is what
>makes it even more difficult to understand the NomCom's decision
>regarding our region.

i have to admit that this wasn't immediately obvious to me when i
first looked over the slate - i think in my mind also, i knew that
one of the african candidates (who apc proposed ) may have to stand
down - and therefore there would only be 2 african candidates..

but now that ca has pointed out the anomaly so clearly, i do have to
support his question

when does the nomcom submit the names to the IGF secretariat?

karen