[governance] IGC Nomcom - Slate of candidates

Babatope Soremi babatope at gmail.com
Wed Apr 23 07:53:59 EDT 2008

Hi all,
Congratulations to everyone of the nominees and we look forward to receiving
the NomCom report. Meanwhile, I think it's also clear a review of current
selection process/procedure is needed based on comments/concerns made so
far.

I think this is not an indictment on anyone in particular but rather a
sincere call to ensure representation and diversity without leaving any
group behind.

Again, to the nominees, i say Congrats....(especially to the African team)

On Wed, Apr 23, 2008 at 12:45 PM, carlos a. afonso <ca at rits.org.br> wrote:

> Dear people,
>
> It is important to take into account that, as facilitator of the online
> voting process by the LA&C Caucus, I am expressing these concerns
> regarding regional balance in the final list of indications by the IGC
> NomCom on behalf of the LA&C Caucus -- who has submitted a list of five
> names to the IGC (and to the IGF secretariat as well), and this is what
> makes it even more difficult to understand the NomCom's decision
> regarding our region.
>
> frt rgds
>
> --c.a.

'Tope Soremi

Nigerian Youth ICT4D Network (www.nyinetwork.org) |
Foundation Nigerianet (www.nigerianet.org) |
Paradigm Initiative Nigeria (www.pin.org.ng) |
Nigeria Anti-Scam network
(www.cybercrime.org.ng, www.treasure.org.ng) |

Register your Domain: (http://www.nairahost.com.ng/ngclient/aff.php?aff=007

You can't give what you don't have........