[governance] IGF-Is Peering a Net Neutrality Issue?

Alejandro Pisanty apisan at servidor.unam.mx
Sun Apr 20 20:18:25 EDT 2008

Tim, John,

isn't this the operational stuff that YorkU's tech staff deal with day in
day out? They sure earn their low salaries many times over and are kept
awake till 2 AM for it. They sure would want to be able to do better, to
have a more competitive providers' landscape around, better SLA's on
offer, and so on, But I doubt that they are starting a demonstration in
front of the seat of the executive or legislative powers, much less the
Foreign Office, to ask them for a global edict to aid them.

The lesson I do extract from this exchange is that while tech folks have
schooled ourselves, some along a lifetime since high school, in history,
economics, philosophy, political science, public-policy principles and
applications, international relations, etc., it still remains seen in bad
taste to ask for the reciprocal. C.P. Snow, where are you in this our
direst hour?

Alejandro Pisanty

      Dr. Alejandro Pisanty
UNAM, Av. Universidad 3000, 04510 Mexico DF Mexico

*Mi blog/My blog: http://pisanty.blogspot.com
*LinkedIn profile: http://www.linkedin.com/in/pisanty
*Unete al grupo UNAM en LinkedIn, http://www.linkedin.com/e/gis/22285/4A106C0C8614

---->> Unete a ISOC Mexico, www.isoc.org