[governance] IGC workshops

karen banks karenb at gn.apc.org
Sat Apr 19 12:25:56 EDT 2008

hi parminder

>This is where we stand on our workshop proposals.
>    * Role and mandate of the IGF
>The call is open for volunteers to convene and join this group. As
>Adam and others said this should be a very useful exercise of
>evaluating the IGF at the mid-point of its (expectedly, initial) 5
>year life. We will need to build on the work that got done for this
>workshop last year. As you know, we did hold a workshop in the same
>topic last year and the proposal is that we make this a regular IGF feature.
>
>Significantly, the IGF page listing the topic under which workshop
>proposals
>(<http://www.intgovforum.org/workshop_info.htm>http://www.intgovforum.org/workshop_info.htm
>) may be given says; "Workshops on other issues relating to Internet
>governance and the mandate of the IGF are also welcome." We seem to
>be already in. I think this is an important impact of IGC's first
>ever workshop on this topic last year, that it is now a part of the
>official list of themes for workshops.

I can't commit to taking a lead on this one, but i hope someone else
does.. with bill's hard work last year, and all those who supported,
this ended being a very productive workshop.. and one that was seen
to be really controversial at the outset.. i hope we can continue
building on that work

i would be happy to be involved in  WG on this one

karen