[governance] Network Neutrality - A key IG issue ... ?

Robert Guerra lists at privaterra.info
Tue Apr 15 11:07:16 EDT 2008

Kwasi:

As the issue you raise is really more related to network neutrality, i
hope you don't mind that I've changed the subject line...

On that topic - there's a rather - extensive - debate currently taking
place  about network neutrality in Canada. let me recommend the
following references:

Keeping the net neutral
http://www.cbc.ca/news/background/tech/net-neutral.html

Net Neutrality Canada
http://www.neutrality.ca/

http://www.michaelgeist.ca/content/view/2787/125/

CRTC To Face Net Neutrality Issue as CAIP Demands Bell Cease and
Desist Its Throttling Practices
http://www.michaelgeist.ca/content/view/2811/125/

The CRTC has to date largely avoided the net neutrality issue,
however, that is about to change.  The Canadian Association of
Internet Providers, Canada's largest ISP association, has filed a Part
VII application with the CRTC asking it to direct Bell Canada to cease
and desist from throttling its wholesale Internet service.

regards

Robert

     governance at lists.cpsr.org