[governance] IGC workshops

BAUDOUIN SCHOMBE b.schombe at gmail.com
Tue Apr 15 06:42:40 EDT 2008

hi all,

I think if it will be benefit to add a workshop for the following
preoccupation:
Internet and Multilinguism

Baudouin

2008/4/15, karen banks <karenb at gn.apc.org>:

> hi parminder
>
> pulling the list of possibilities together for ease of reference
>
> APC needs to consult much further internally, and particularly with
> members, and i don't think i could come back to you with a definite on most
> of this until next monday.. but as an indication
>
> on the proposals contributed during the last open consultation:
>
> 1. Enhanced Cooperation - What Was Meant By the Tunis Agenda, and What Is
> the Status of It
>
> 2. Network Neutrality - Ensuring Openness in All Layers of the Internet
>
> ==> 3. A Development Agenda for Internet Governance
>
> we have already indicated our interest in this to bill
>
> ==> 4. Transparency and Inclusive Participation in Internet Governance
>
> on this topic.. i'd like to have more detail on what's proposed.. APC will
> continue to work with the COE and UNECE on public participation in IG
> mechanisms (which obviously includes issues of transparency and
> participation) building on last year's workshop - one outcome of which was a
> press release to lauch an initiative calling for a code of practice i9n
> relation to public participation principles. We have since begun a small
> research piece on this and will be sharing initial findings at a workshop on
> May 23rd in Geneva, co-sponsored by the COE.
>
> We will also be working with the COE on a workshop proposal for the IGF -
> so, it might well make sense to try to dovetail the above with that - but i
> wouldn't want to tread on any toes and so would ask whoever proposed the
> above to share more info on what their plans are or how they perceived this
> workshop panning out?
> ==
>
> on the current proposals
>
>  5. Role and mandate of the IGF
> >
> ==> interested in this, but not in taking a lead
>
>  6. Trans-boundary jurisdiction issues
> > 7. Internationalization
> >

>  8. A rights based approach to the Internet – Implications for IG
> >
> ==> interested in this, but we'd need far more time to discuss so i can't
> commit to leading as coordinator just now
>
> karen

SCHOMBE BAUDOUIN
COORDONNATEUR NATIONAL REPRONTIC
COORDONNATEUR SOUS REGIONAL ACSIS/AFRIQUE CENTRALE
MEMBRE FACILITATEUR GAID AFRIQUE
TEL:00243998983491
EMAIL:b.schombe at gmail.com <EMAIL%3Ab.schombe at gmail.com>