[governance] IGC workshops

Parminder parminder at itforchange.net
Tue Apr 15 04:00:42 EDT 2008

>We have 4 topics under direct consideration.

In addition, or as a replacement, since this is still a tentative list,
anyone who wants to propose a workshop on the 4 themes IGC suggested for the
IGF, Hyd, or seeks IGC's co-sponsorship on a workshop on these themes may do
so.

 If we wanted them discussed as themes for IGF, it looks pretty obvious we
would have interest in them as wg themes as well, subject to limitations of
time and resources. But yes we will have to keep the total number under
control and 3 or 4 looks a good enough number for direct IGF sponsorship. We
can partner in a few more.

These themes that we suggested for IGF, Hyd, for the Feb consultations by
MAG are

1. Enhanced Cooperation - What Was Meant By the Tunis Agenda, and What Is
the Status of It

2. Network Neutrality - Ensuring Openness in All Layers of the Internet

3. A Development Agenda for Internet Governance

4. Transparency and Inclusive Participation in Internet Governance

Parminder

  _____