[governance] rights based approach to the Internet

Carlos Afonso ca at rits.org.br
Mon Apr 14 16:04:45 EDT 2008

Sorry, way out of line, Suresh & McTim (wow, sounds like a good name for
a country music duo!).

The debates in this list are free, and there is no clause which says
coordnators should not participate in the debate. Are we voting on
something, or so far just debating? Has any of the current coordinators
proposed that certain positions should be banned from the list? To the
contrary. Parminder never runs from a debate (great quality, in my
opinion), and this seems to strongly annoy a few (very few) people in
this list.

I tend to think that, if this kind of "technical community" cannot
tolerate political debate (mind you, this is a *civil society* caucus!),
it would be better off in other lists -- perhaps spending your time in
writing an RFC on something like, say, haikus? The list rules do not say
this explicitly, but thou shalt not be prevented from leaving once in...

Amazing, a quibble is forced by some to escalate, and soon you start to
imagine that a multitude of people in this caucus are about to join in
this "movement". So much for egos...

Maybe a reverse result of this escalation will be the requirement, in
order to be in this caucus, for the techies to join a 101 course in
Theory of The State, another in ... etc

As to being an observer with strong opinions, fascinating oxymoron...

fraternal regards

--c.a.

     governance at lists.cpsr.org