[governance] rights based approach to the Internet

Parminder parminder at itforchange.net
Mon Apr 14 10:47:12 EDT 2008

> > Don't know what you are referring to. Though generally I know McTim
> keeps
> > telling me that I should not be speaking that much about IG policies etc
> > because of my inadequate technical knowledge and non-peer-ship with
> > technical minds and what he calls as technical community. Are you
> agreeing
> > with him?
>
> This is not even a bad caricature of what I have been expounding, it's
> a plain falsehood.
>
> I DO tell you to trim your mails, but you never do.
>
> As Bill said, not interested in spending time on conversations not
> conducted in good faith.

McTim

It must take extra-ordinary smugness (the likely reasons for which I will
not expound at this moment) to object to my assertion that you probably do
think that I should speak less about IG polices because of my lack of tech
knowledge, and as such, being a conversation in bad faith exactly 20 minutes
after you sent an email to me telling me that I just do not how know
Internet works and advising me to take a diplo course.

>I think that you don't really understand how the network grows, perhaps the
>Diplo course will help you.

And this is not the first time that you and your close follower has openly
pointed to my specific and general ignorance, while you completely fail to
notice that despite both of you at multiple times showing such glaring gaps
in your understanding and knowledge about many basic social and political
issues I, out of good manners, have never pointed to your ignorance and
suggested any basic course or such.

So, instead of me taking offence to what you say about my ignorance and need
to take some basic course, you take offence to my mere statement that you
often say such things to me. It is also significant that I only made this
observation in response to Bill extending his logic about how one (meaning,
I) should not speak about people and processes one is not directly involved
with to include something you seemed to have said.

(BILL) >...views and activities of people you've not talked to, processes
>you weren't involved with, etc. McTim has made the same point re: technical
>and administrative orgs.

And in fact your email about 'dilpo' course came after the email in which I
said that you think I shd mind my IG opinions because of lack of knowledge,
thereby giving evidence to what I said a few minutes before.

Parminder

     governance at lists.cpsr.org