[governance] rights based approach to the Internet

McTim dogwallah at gmail.com
Mon Apr 14 10:39:03 EDT 2008

On Mon, Apr 14, 2008 at 5:00 PM, Suresh Ramasubramanian
<suresh at hserus.net> wrote:
> McTim [14/04/08 16:51 +0300]:
>

> > This is not even a bad caricature of what I have been expounding, it's
> > a plain falsehood.
> >
> > I DO tell you to trim your mails, but you never do.
> >
> > As Bill said, not interested in spending time on conversations not
> > conducted in good faith.
> >

>  I dont know about bad faith but there is a definite communication gap here,
>  and it is perhaps compounded by Parminder not being very aware of technical
>  PDP issues.
>
>  I would suggest that - entirely in the interest of consensus and meaning no
>  disrespect to his CS credentials, or his excellent work in IT For Change,
>  he recuse himself from his role as coordinator, and coordination be taken
>  over by Bill Drake, Adam, Meryem, Jeanette Hoffman or some others on the
>  list.

I support this idea.
http://www.igcaucus.org/IGC-charter_final-061014.html says:

Duties of Coordinators

The first and most important duty of the coordinator(s) is to
facilitate the discussions and enable the members of the caucus to
reach consensus whenever possible.

IMHO, discussions aren't being so much facilitated, as much as they
are being directed by  the coordinator's political philosophy, which
doesn't tolerate reality (or realpolitik).

--
Cheers,

McTim
$ whois -h whois.afrinic.net mctim