[governance] Where are we with IGC workshops?

Janna Anderson andersj at elon.edu
Sat Apr 12 10:30:02 EDT 2008

Hello,

Parminder just recently invited me to join this list. My name is Janna
Anderson. I do research - mostly in journalistic interview style - for the
Pew Internet & American Life Project, through which I know many on this
list. (And I am thankful, always, for your assistance!) Regarding the idea
of a survey, Imagining the Internet, my project that is partially backed by
Pew, conducted a policy survey in Rio, and while I am certain you would ask
different, better-focused questions, possibly in different ways, the results
will probably be of interest to you. My colleague, Dr. Constance Book, is
just finishing the report, so I can't share the results now. I will post the
link when it goes live. In the meantime, I can share the IGF Rio survey
questions - to which we had 206 respondents. Nearly all completed the survey
in Rio at IGF. I attached the questions in a Word document attachment.

As many of you know, you can view our reports from IGF Rio at
http://www.imaginingtheinternet.org. Please inform me if you see any
correctable errors in the content from IGF; we are trying to build and
maintain a useful record, relying on spare resources. We make some mistakes
:-).

Janna

On 4/12/08 7:03 AM, "Michael Leibrandt" <michael_leibrandt at web.de> wrote:

> Adam,
>
> Thanks. Wasn`t it Orwell who said that controlling the past means controlling
> the future? Seriously, the idea of a survey/questionaire (or even interviews?)
> is very helpful. That would give us at least a chance to find out what people
> actualy think about the IGF exercise. Maybe IŽm completely wrong, but I have
> the feeling that beyond those nice Sunday speaches we always hear during
> consultations the real attitude is much more sceptical, especially regarding
> the cost/benefit ratio.
>
> Michael
> Mit der Gruppen-SMS von WEB.DE FreeMail können Sie eine SMS an alle
> Freunde gleichzeitig schicken: http://freemail.web.de/features/?mc=021179

Janna Quitney Anderson
Director of Imagining the Internet
www.imaginingtheinternet.org