[governance] ISP 'listening in' to your tap-tap-tap on your

Suresh Ramasubramanian suresh at hserus.net
Mon Apr 7 11:18:47 EDT 2008

Rui Correia [07/04/08 17:05 +0200]:
>The point is, how safe are we from the likes of these governments,
>when information that we have come into contact* is surrendered unto
>the authorities, ostensibly under cover of "war on terrorists"? You've
>seen Abu Graib, Guantanamo, thousands of emails going missing,
>rendition flights, etc.

I have seen enough of it. And I have also seen how pointless it is to go
over the top.

1. The bush administration is on its last legs

2. I've interacted with enough DoJ investigators and other law enforcement,
and seen enough actual cybercrime that impacts ordinary users, that I find
it rather easier to see two sides of an argument. And to believe that yes
there are a lot of people there who are actually out to get real criminals,
not afghan and iraqi peasants with misguided ideas (or even zealots who
fill them with those misguided and dangerous ideas, for their own ends).

Turn your energies to opposing rendition flights, overblown TSA security
measures etc by all means. But you are barking up the wrong tree here with
your comments
     governance at lists.cpsr.org