[governance] Capacity building: there is still work to do :-)

Ray Plzak plzak at arin.net
Mon Apr 7 08:35:11 EDT 2008

ICANN has created a staff organization to perform the function that has the same name, but enough splitting hairs. The fundamental issue is one of ownership and I would say that Internet names and numbers do not have ownership but are in the public trust. Certainly there are intellectual property rights associated with the recognized holder of a name and there are rights to the benefits of the services associated with the recognized holder of a number. The value of both is inherent in these rights.

Ray

     governance at lists.cpsr.org