[governance] Capacity building: there is still work to do :-)

Avri Doria avri at psg.com
Mon Apr 7 08:22:14 EDT 2008

well, they don't exist in the same way that the IETF doesn't exist.
so in virtuality, they do seem to exist.

and while only a function it has real people, is the subject of
contracts, has expenses and ...

and would not IANA 'exist'  even if ICANN blinked out of existence?

but we need to be careful otherwise i will get into a patter about
what it means to 'exist' in the virtual age?

and  on the topic of our list, what does it mean to govern something
that may exist only as a function?

a.

     governance at lists.cpsr.org