[governance] NTIA announcement on JPA

Milton L Mueller mueller at syr.edu
Fri Apr 4 16:42:49 EDT 2008

There are many viable alternatives.

You may be confusing the JPA with the IANA contract, as many do.

One is for the US to complete the transition to an improved, more
accountable ICANN. (the IGP proposal, if you will)

Another is for the US to create a club of other trusted govts that it
shares oversight authority with (the Burr-Cade proposal).

I could go on, but don't confuse Bush admin. stubborness and a small
sector of DC-based interest groups as intrinsic aspects of physical
reality.

     governance at lists.cpsr.org