[governance] NTIA announcement on JPA

Suresh Ramasubramanian suresh at hserus.net
Wed Apr 2 23:36:40 EDT 2008

> I think you're confusing "legitimacy" with acceptance based on a lack
> of any feasible alternative.

Oh no. "The only viable alternative" - and for all the discussion there's
still no feasible alternative, except in theory / as a gedankenexperiment..
is quite enough to confer legitimacy.  Legitimate, illegitimate, whatever -
trying to uproot this without a viable alternative in place to replace it,
one that wont get mired in the same set of issues we currently face (only
spread across a much broader canvas) is going to fail.

     governance at lists.cpsr.org