[governance] NTIA announcement on JPA

Ian Peter ian.peter at ianpeter.com
Thu Apr 3 21:52:25 EDT 2008

John just so its clear -

I don’t want to replace ICANN and have never suggested that- I think the
structure is good in general for what they do but at times they don't act to
their strengths.

I just want them to take appropriate actions so that they can be seen as a
truly international organisation. At the moment they appear to be the tool
of one government. When I use the word legitimacy that's what Im talking
about.

Only ICANN can act to remove itself from the stigma associated with
reporting to one government alone.

Ian Peter
Ian Peter and Associates Pty Ltd
PO Box 10670 Adelaide St  Brisbane 4000
Australia
Tel (+614) 1966 7772 or (+612) 6687 0773
www.ianpeter.com
www.internetmark2.org
www.nethistory.info

Checked by AVG.