[governance] RE: Human rights and new gTLDs

David Goldstein goldstein_david at yahoo.com.au
Wed Sep 26 09:37:33 EDT 2007

I'm beginning to see some reasons for allowing many more gTLDs. A question that has occurred to me though - what about ccTLDs? They have invested a lot of time and money building up something that is often quite a strong "brand" and gaining consumer confidence.

And then there's cybersquatting - to me the scourge of the domain name business. And then there's security for companies. If I'm selling widgets at widget.com, yet someone tries to copy me at widgets.sdgf, and there are hundreds of TLDs, how am I as a businessman to easily keep track of this? It's hard enough now.

I'm interested in responses.

Cheers
David