[governance] FYI

Vittorio Bertola vb at bertola.eu
Tue Sep 25 13:07:23 EDT 2007

Robert Guerra ha scritto:
> Wolfgang:
>
> To be honest, i'm a bit pessamistic about the bill of rights proposal.
> It was presented at WSIS/Tunis, at the IGF last year - but, not really
> caught on outside of a small IGF community.
>
> I'm a couple of dozen of human rights and legal lists, and there is no
> mention of the proposal.
>
> I really hate to say this - but, from my perspective it just looks like
> an Italian project with little or no support from the international
> legal and/or human rights community.

As one of the people who are working on this, I would like to see
comments that are a bit more constructive - if you think that
participation is not broad enough yet (and it possibly is), you could
join or help spreading the word.

It is a bit depressing to see that whenever some people try to roll up
their sleeves and work on real advances for human rights, there is much
more support from some governments than from fellow civil society
participants.

Regards,
--
vb.                   Vittorio Bertola - vb [a] bertola.eu   <--------