SV: [governance] space on Nov.11th

Parminder parminder at itforchange.net
Tue Sep 25 11:42:50 EDT 2007

> I agree with Lee, we can be flexible and try to end GigaNet business by
> 5:00 if it helps. If a few hard-core giganetters miss the first 20
> minutes or so of a 5:00 meeting it is not a big deal.

That will be great. So we can commence IGC meeting at 530 sharp to go till
730 - 8.

As to whether it will be a closed meeting or open, and whether we need a 200
plus room - I am inclined to see it as an annual IGC meeting which will
discuss issues and strategies but also having an outreach component. We will
very much like both those who will be attending giganet as well as LAC/
Caribbean CS community to attend the IGC meeting. For the benefit of these
non-members/outsiders we can make a brief presentation about the IGF, and
they can witness the deliberations, and we can invite all those interested
to join the IGC as well.

We can divide time between brief outreach presentation, followed with a
short interaction with non-members (total of 1/2 hour) and then moving on to
deliberation between existing members (1 1/2 to 2 hours), which others can
witness as observers.

So, though it will be no where close to 200, lets retain the big room.

Parminder

Parminder Jeet Singh
IT for Change, Bangalore
Tel: (+91-80) 2665 4134, 2653 6890