[governance] final final list of nominees on behalf of IGC for IGF

Vittorio Bertola vb at bertola.eu
Thu Sep 20 10:34:01 EDT 2007

jlfullsack ha scritto:
> Wolfgang quoted
> "Good balance."
>
> OK Wolfgang, if you mean the geographical one.
> We still ignore where all are coming from (organisation, mandates, ...)
> and what -on our behalf- they intend to tell  the audience in Rio.

I'd be on sort of a middle ground here. As I understand it, panelists
will not be "telling" something to the audience - they will reply to
questions from the moderator and the floor; thus they are being selected
for their expertise on the topics of the session, rather than as
representatives of a broader group, and expected to provide answers that
are not prepared in advance. This said, I think that all panelists (and
we still don't know how many of our nominations will be accepted) will
welcome suggestions about points that it would be useful to make, coming
from fellow civil society participants.

A possible exception to this scenario would be the opening ceremony,
which has a much more "representative" and formal function - thus we
might want to ask whoever is selected for the opening ceremony to share
ideas and gather suggestions in advance.
--
vb.                   Vittorio Bertola - vb [a] bertola.eu   <--------
-------->  finally with a new website at http://bertola.eu/  <--------
     governance at lists.cpsr.org