[governance] Speakers for IGF - new faces?

veni markovski veni at veni.com
Thu Sep 20 09:59:11 EDT 2007

Adam and all,
At ISOC-Bulgaria, we are trying to send some new people to the IGF.
While we can't define names today, there are chances, that you may be
able to see some Bulgarians in Rio.

We have been able to contribute with a workshop on CIR, organized
together with the World bank, GIPI, CDT and others -
http://info.intgovforum.org/yoppy.php?poj=37.
We are also working on bringing some of our members to the Best
Practices Forum (http://intgovforum.org/BPP.php); as some of you may
know, the current President, the current Prime Minister, and the
Minister of ICT (chairman of the State Agency for ICT) are all
members of ISOC.

Best,
Veni

P.S. I think one of the main problems that we are facing, is that at
every event for years now we see the same people. I personally plan
not to go to Rio. ISOC-Bulgaria has also other skilled people who can
participate, and I will try to help them get there. It would be good
to see if my initiative will be followed by others. By the way, I
gave such an example some time ago when I resigned from the Advisory
Group to the IGF, after I felt I've done my duty there with serving
for more than one year.

v.

     governance at lists.cpsr.org