[governance] tick, tick, tick...

Adam Peake ajp at glocom.ac.jp
Mon Sep 10 07:54:00 EDT 2007

I agree with this suggestion.  It's a waste of
time to suggest people not knowing if they will
be in Rio or not.

Also, the overall theme is development, people
from developing nations a big plus.

Last year there was something of an unwritten
rule that advisory group members wouldn't join
panels (only one did I think), and I think best
if the caucus coordinators also didn't
participate as panelists, that's also been a bit
of a tradition.

Parminder, have you and Vittorio spoken with
Markus about how he expects speakers to be
selected once the names are in?  And could you
also ask him about the opening ceremony -- it's
currently shown as a 2.5 hour session, how many
CS speakers will be required, and specific
topics?  I have asked him, but better coming from
the caucus.

Best,

Adam

     governance at lists.cpsr.org