[governance] what is it that threatens the Internet community or 'who is afraid of the IGF'

Raul Echeberria raul at lacnic.net
Fri Sep 7 17:01:51 EDT 2007

Dear Carlos:

The intention of my email was to explore other
aspects of Milton's email that I found very
interesting, but anyway let me make these clarifications:

- Sorry for the mistake. If you say that is all
the Brazilian community that is concerned about
CIR now (not in 1994) is enough for me.  I
thought that I was recognizing that it was an
important issue for Brazilian government, what I
think is true. My apologies for the confusion.

- The survey that I mentioned is very serious and
valuable and the participants were mainly
decision making people, not citizens in general.
So, I think that we can take conclusions from it.

- I don't know how many times I have said,
including the email that you responded, that I am
very fine with discussing CIR. The problem is
that some people tend to put this issue as the
most important issue and I simply disagree. Just that.

- Since you were responding to my email, I don't
know if you consider that LACNIC is part of the
group that you mention, but any assertion from
which could be interpreted that LACNIC is "behind
ICANN" or behind any other organization or allied
to the US Government or to any other government
is simply something with no serious basis,  and I
don't understand what is the relation between
this assertion and the content of my email.

Warm Regads,

Raúl

     governance at lists.cpsr.org