[governance] Speakers for IGF - ideas?

veni markovski veni at veni.com
Fri Sep 7 07:41:58 EDT 2007

At 21:55 9/6/2007  -0700, you wrote:
>This is exactly my point.  This is a beautiful example of an intrinsically
>ineffective ad, unless perhaps it would have been placed in a *jobs
>section* or something.  What a waste.

Ah,
so now this is a waste. If there are no ads, then the criticism is
"why there are no ads". If there are ads, it changes to "what a
waste". You remind me of this case, where the prosecution talked to
the judge, and the judge said, "You are right". Then the defendant
spoke, and the judge said "You are right". Then the court clerk said,
"But, your honor, it's not possible for both parties to be right!",
and the judge said, "You know, you are also right".

btw, the robust professional network among Internet governance
community is not a requirement to serve on the ICANN Board or any of
the other Councils. I am not sure that it may not be better, if the
"ICANN community" was also subject to terms, as the directors are.

veni

     governance at lists.cpsr.org