[governance] Speakers for IGF - ideas?

McTim dogwallah at gmail.com
Thu Sep 6 06:36:40 EDT 2007

On 9/6/07, Kieren McCarthy <kierenmccarthy at gmail.com> wrote:

> In relation to this comment from, I think, McTim:
>
> > In short, there is nothing "threatening the Internet Community",
> > that's rhetoric coming from folk unwilling to join the process that
> > they complain is "captured".  If CS feels strongly enough about this,
> > there is only one way to reverse this "capture", and that is to join
> > the Internet community fora.
>

> We're talking about ICANN of course.

in part.  IETF isn't an ICANN process.  The RIR communities stand on their
own, but can be considered "ICANN processes", although ICANN has nothing to
do with numbering policy, (except if a global policy is needed) IANA IPv6
allocations to RIRs springs to mind as an example.

Thanks for your efforts, I hope they will bear fruit.

--
Cheers,

McTim
$ whois -h whois.afrinic.net mctim