[governance] IGF public consultation

Parminder parminder at itforchange.net
Wed Sep 5 09:37:27 EDT 2007

> Is this communiqué public?  If not, how can we discuss it?

This is the same announcement from the UN that you forwarded to the list,
and was discussed here. Your email is enclosed for the reference of
others...

> So while it may *seem* that asking for outlandish reforms is impolitic
> or will make us look foolish to other stakeholders, it ain't necessarily
> so.  Often our thinking is just in advance of that of others.

Very right. And civil society as a non-institutional player, with fewest
constraints that come through having interests in maintaining institutional
inertias, is expected to do the forward thinking, and while staying
strategic, it should not be too constrained with what may look immediately
unlikely. It is our work to put our finger on the changes which we will like
to see carried through and then look at the range of possible practical and
immediate steps.

Parminder Jeet Singh
IT for Change, Bangalore
Tel: (+91-80) 2665 4134, 2653 6890