Malcolm Thesis; People(s) Assembling. (was Re: [governance] Fulfilling the Mandate of the IGF)

linda misek-falkoff ldmisekfalkoff at gmail.com
Mon Oct 29 18:18:11 EDT 2007

And a very interesting Thesis (draft still?) it is.  Panoramatic.

In Academe, I was on ARPAnet in psycholinguistics and systems, later &
elsewhere got the design/coding/applications/education  assignment (as I now
recall it) for the first GML (html precursor) *starter set*  tags, etc...
working for/with Geoff Bartlett, and Chas. Goldfarb, indirectly back then;
and for modern ripley's believe it or not - representing semantics as well
as formatting.

Thought you might enjoy that persons of a wide range of ages and stages will
be happy to be your  readers.  Particularly present interest here:  modes of
*people(s) assembling*, online and otherwise.

Met you in Athens (IGF-I) I think, maybe will again (Rio-II).  Wanted to say
the layout as well as contents of your websites is quite a pleasure. Not to
make you blush, but to wave to others who could be interested in history of
computing "and all that entails, or at least some of it."

Best wishes, LDMF.
Dr. Linda D. Misek-Falkoff (Ph.D., J.D.)
For Identification:
*Respectful Interfaces* Programme, The Communications Coordination Committee
for the U.N. [N.G.O].
International Disability Caucus ICT Task-force.
(Other Affiliations on Request).

On 10/26/07, Jeremy Malcolm <Jeremy at malcolm.id.au> wrote, in pertinent part
here:

Chapter 6 of my thesis has much more
detail on both of these suggested reforms and others.

--
Jeremy Malcolm LLB (Hons) B Com
Internet and Open Source lawyer, IT consultant, actor