[governance] problem with the sessions: number of participants

Vittorio Bertola vb at bertola.eu
Wed Oct 17 05:38:14 EDT 2007

Adam Peake ha scritto:
> Hi,
>
> Not good news about the selection of speakers for the IGF.

Subdivide the AG into four subgroups (governments, I* societies, civil
society and ICC). Ask each group to propose two names in priority order
among the ones already nominated. If they are all different, you end up
with eight panelists, which at this stage looks like a good compromise.
If some suggestions overlap, that's even better - you get less. If the
result isn't very diverse, ask some group to reconsider, and if that's
not possible, live with it (especially, I would avoid civil society to
be characterized as the stakeholder that always has to provide women and
people from developing countries so that all the others can continue to
ignore diversity requirements).

I think there's no other way to do it.

In any case, if we really ended up again with sessions with 14 people, I
suggest we make a statement about it as a caucus.

P.S. I would be against the suggestion that Ken posted, that people
should specify in advance what they would say, and would be picked
according to that. It's a good road for cross-vetoing and advance
censorship.
--
vb.                   Vittorio Bertola - vb [a] bertola.eu   <--------
-------->  finally with a new website at http://bertola.eu/  <--------