[governance] Re: Russia plans to create independent web / internet

Milton L Mueller mueller at syr.edu
Fri Oct 12 17:13:29 EDT 2007

Nice to see that something posted on the IGP blog two weeks ago is now
making the rounds here..... :-)
http://blog.internetgovernance.org/blog/_archives/2007/9/24/3250527.html

The Russian translation was accurate, and verified so by a native
Russian-speaking GigaNet participant.
The story is serious enough, but whether it is a trial balloon or an
empty threat no one can know for sure, of course. Only time will tell.
But it is newsworthy enough that the Russian government would even
propose to do something like that.

Milton Mueller, Professor
Syracuse University
School of Information Studies