[governance] For you as an Internet user, what is a "Critical Internet resource"?

Kieren McCarthy kierenmccarthy at gmail.com
Fri Oct 5 14:59:15 EDT 2007

Actually, I've become increasingly of the view that one of the problems wrt
issues that the Internet is throwing up is that a small group of people that
have followed Internet issues since the early days feel the need to be
involved with every aspect.

Perfectly logical from a human perspective, but impossible in the wider
scheme of things because of the sheer amount of material and change these
days.

The problem that I'm hoping to try to find ways of solving is to make it
easy for people that care about a very particular aspect of what the
Internet is doing can find an easy way to get involved.

There is clearly a problem somewhere because you keep hearing the same
expressions of frustration about how and where decisions are made.

Who are "the people"? They are the people that care about a particular issue
- be it government ministers, CEOs, academics or the (wo)man in the street.

Kieren

  _____