[governance] Reinstate the Vote

Veni Markovski veni at veni.com
Fri Nov 23 12:52:41 EST 2007

USAtizens also sounds good;)
As for the visa - that's something which, I hope, some of the US citizens
experienced when entering Brazil - I guess their fingerprints were
collected; same with my multiple-entry US visa. It is interesting that for
some the fact that the US is the only major country, where less people have
traveled to in 2006, compared to previous year, is not a good example how
far away they are from the real problems.
Just an example, which Larry Lessig gave 2 years ago in Bulgaria; he visited
my country first time in 1980 or so. At the border they asked him to take
everything out of his pockets, and asked him where is he going, and why.
Today in the USA they take everything out of your pockets way before you
land in the country, and even your shoes off. Then they take your
fingerprints (and if you say "no", they will simply send you back), and then
they may let you in the country.

But at the same time, with one of the good working international tools, as
is the Internet, some  have ideas how to "fix it". And they just don't hear
the other people, who try to humbly tell them there are more important
issues in the world of the Internet than ICANN.
Not only that; they even can tell you what you should be doing, and would
not listen to you at all. And if you dare to defend your position, you will
be blamed for all sins that exist, and may be for some new ones.

The country (US) needs a change, and perhaps we, who are not US-citizens,
have to try to help, as long as what happens there influences many other
countries. Educate people on this list, educate politicians, and make sure
they listen. Without being rude, of course, no need of rude language like
some of the non-US politicians use when refer to the US. Nobody wants to be
insulted and I guess we don't want to insult, too.

It would be good to see this, and think about it:
http://blog.veni.com/?p=377 and http://blog.veni.com/?p=375

enjoy!