[governance] Reinstate the Vote

Kieren McCarthy kierenmccarthy at gmail.com
Tue Nov 20 19:52:19 EST 2007

> To support democracy in ICANN about all you can do now is:
> * provide input to ICANN's At Large AC review process, which will
> be starting soon
> * Make comments in the US Government's February proceeding
> * if you have lots of time to wast^^ spare, get involved in ICANN at
> large itself and advocate that position.

Well, if your whole reason to get involved in ICANN is to try to impose on
the organisation some personal notion of democracy, then I have to admit
there are pretty limited routes.

It is also fairly difficult to discuss, for example, the global economic
impact of the Internet within ICANN's processes.

If however you are involved in ICANN because you want the expansion of the
Internet's IP address space and domain name system to work in the best
interests of all its users now and into the future, then you will find a
multitude of routes open, available and highly effective.

Moreover, if learning about how the Internet works in order to provide
meaningful input on how those systems need to be built into the future is
seen as being "a waste of time", then you really are in the wrong place.

Kieren