[governance] Reinstate the Vote

Milton L Mueller mueller at syr.edu
Tue Nov 20 09:19:25 EST 2007

Yehuda:
It is good to see your support for this very simple and basic form of accountability, which ICANN abandoned in 2000 after the party slate lost the election in the US and Europe.

This form of public input is far more meaningful than the ALAC, which requires people to invest hundreds of hours creating and maintaining organizations which is simply not economically viable given the small stakes individual internet users have in domain name issues.

To support democracy in ICANN about all you can do now is:
* provide input to ICANN's At Large AC review process, which will be starting soon
* Make comments in the US Government's February proceeding
* if you have lots of time to wast^^ spare, get involved in ICANN at large itself and advocate that position.

Checked by AVG Free Edition.

     governance at lists.cpsr.org