[governance] WSIS Bureau

Veni Markovski veni at veni.com
Mon Nov 19 06:52:15 EST 2007

At 12:25 11/19/2007  +0100, you wrote:

>Because I do remember that someone named Veni Markovski organized a
>meeting at PrepCom 2 to create a "European caucus", claiming that the

Actually I tried to organize it for a number of days during the
PrepCom, and there would be always 2-3 people only showing up :)
Until the North Americans showed up, and took the management in their hand:-)

>I don't exactly remember, but it seems that you stayed in the CS
>Bureau until WSIS I in December 2003, maybe for the same reason as
>Robert: you were part of Bulgaria delegation afterwards?

Not until the WSIS, I stayed only for a couple of months. But I
didn't brought the subject to discuss my own time there (althoug I
spend a lot of time trying to help, and it was nothing compared to
people like you or Karen); rather to show that the current talk about
organizing a Bureau around the IGF has a history behind it. I
remember that at some point I personally have been mistaken thinking
that the WGIG, or the CS Bureau could do something; it took me some
time to understand that the political agenda is completely different
from what we have done and wanted to do in Bulgaria vis-a-vis
development of Information Society. Which, by the way, was the
initial idea behind the WSIS - bridging the digital divide.

veni

     governance at lists.cpsr.org