Alternative DNS systems and net neutrality - Was: Re: [governance] DNSsec and allternative DNS system

Veni Markovski veni at veni.com
Sat Nov 17 10:51:33 EST 2007

At 16:28 11/17/2007  +0100, you wrote:
>Veni, why do you think that being from a given country makes it
>compulsory for someone to approve and be proud of everything coming
>from this country?

Why do you think I feel that way?

And still, if the Internet was created in another country, under the
Defence Ministry, I have my doubts it would have ended with the
general public. I gave the example of Bulgaria, because I know the
military system there. Perhaps we, being from Europe, are not
thinking in the commerce world as much as the Americans; at the same
time many of their military projects have ended up being used by the
general public; the Internet being just one, probably the best example.
I don't admire the US military, but I think the people who made the
Internet possible - whether by creating it, or by standardizing it,
or by opening the code, or - you name it - deserve some credits, even
if they are Americans. And, by the way, wasn't Tim Berners-Lee an
English? So, how come that today, when we are all using the Internet,
we tend to forget about all these, and about the OPEN NATURE of the Internet?

veni

     governance at lists.cpsr.org